Thursday, 03 May 2012 09:37
When you buy a new home, each empty room can seem overwhelming. Jaron’s Furniture Outlet can help you find furniture within your budget, but what happens when you get home?
Here are some furniture arranging tips from interior decorators Decorating Den Interiors:
- Establish a feel for the room. Maybe you want your bedroom to feel cozy, and your living room to feel open and airy. Knowing how you want the room to feel will help you place your furniture.
- Determine function. If you’ll be using the living room for entertaining, you’ll need flexibility with your space and furniture choices.
- Find or create a focal point. The easiest way to arrange furniture in any room is to start with a focal point. In your living room, it may be your television or the fireplace. In your bedroom, it may be your headboard or a work of art hanging above your bed.
- Assess the walkways. For your home to have an easy flow, your furniture shouldn’t create obstacles. Keep walkways between rooms clear.
Designer Do’s and Don’ts
- Do allow about 20 inches in front of furniture for traffic.
- Don’t forget about lighting. There should be a table or floor lamp by every seating area.
- Do mix patterns and textures in your furniture.
- Don’t make everything match. Colors should complement each other.
Decorating Den of Northern Virginia is comprised of award winning designers and decorators who have been featured in Architectural Digest, Washington Spaces, House Beautiful, Washington Post, Traditional Home and on TLC’s Home Made Simple.
Decorating Den's designers come right to your door, and create beautiful spaces that suit both your style and your budget.
Become a Jarons VIP
Sign up and receive special offers!
Store Locations & Hours